Thursday, January 8, 2015

mmm noodle soup

I'm not entirely sure how to jump into below zero weather after the randomly warm drizzly humid NC day, but I think a solution is soups.  Hot steamy cozy creamy soups.  And since Audrey got a stick blender for Christmas, there's nothing stopping me.
I made a tomato basil soup last semester at the whim of a craving and the need to use up yogurt.  Isn't that always my motivation and inspiration?  How long ago the expiration date was...
Adapted from here for the simple reason that I didn't want to go out for fresh tomatoes.  I skipped the orzo for good old fashioned grilled cheese [croutons], naturally - or rather, I didn't want to go out for orzo either.  I don't think I've had this soup and sandwich combo since those undergrad days at the Refectory.  Feels like decades ago already.
A few meals later, I still had a frozen container waiting for Kenny's visit with salad, thyme aioli, parmesan crisps, and soft boiled eggs.  If you ever wanted to delude yourself into feeling healthy while eating straight cheese, this would be the way.
Switching between Fallon and American Horror Story is rough on the emotions.
Also nothing makes me appreciate the Wisconsin winter more than sweating through my shirt in my 90 degree bedroom.  What the actual fuck.  This is sleep deprivation.  It also doesn't help that I keep seeing Twisty the Clown when I let my mind wander.
Killing my time watching videos of Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone being cute.  Shipping hard, guys, shipping hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment