Friday, December 7, 2012

purely australian

I've already committed to going back to Melbourne.  It's happening.  Without a doubt.
Which is why I wasn't as sad as I thought I would be on the plane to LA.

Seven Seeds iced coffee.  Blew my mind that iced coffee meant coffee with ice cream.  That's going to be a thing in my household from now on.  Pretty excited there's still that frozen yogurt I made before leaving for Australia.

Honeycomb and hokey pokey desserts.  I never got around to buying some though.
Magnum bar in the cold?  Yeah, why not, always have room for dessert.

Lamingtons... not my favourite but that could've just been the fact that it was probably sitting in the display case for days.  And I was disappointed by my expectation for their being a jelly filling.  There were big ones and little ones and huge ones and pink ones pretty much in any dessert cafe.

Rice pudding made with the free coconut water and ginger beer I was not going to otherwise consume (yes, there are numerous ways to make rice pudding last time I checked).  Ginger beer was pretty interesting stuff - we decided it was probably equivalent to their root beer.  Delicious when mixed with vodka and pineapple juice, as I discovered in Duty Free sampling.

Just because he's cute.  Poor little penguins in St. Kilda looked so confused running around the rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment