Tuesday, March 28, 2023

my life in pastry review

If I found out eating any amount of gluten could kill me, I'd change into my pj's and spend the whole day making a tray of milk bread cinnamon rolls. And then eat them straight out of the oven.

Bake Sum - Oakland
holy hell this okonomiyaki pastry is what savory dreams are made of
musubi croissant is close second


Backhaus - San Mateo
if I must commute to San Mateo now, at least I can let the raspberry and pistachio croissant and this roasted tomato pastry bring me solace

Rose Ave Bakery - DC
i will literally eat anything with mushrooms on it
my preferred scallion croissant found here
and the fluffy passionfruit donut ain't bad either

Gayle's Bakery - Santa Cruz
big fan of this cheese stick, i'm sure i'd be a bigger fan of this cheese stick when warmed

jina bakes - SF
waited in line on a Saturday morning for this collab croissant with Daeho - would get two of these instead of the injeolmi (still good, just pretty dense and filling) next time because i'm a salty girlie
bonus black sesame cream puffs at Nance's insistence

Fournee Bakery - Berkeley

gimme anything with an egg on it in it beside it - how would you keep the yolk jammy though? hmmm

Marc Heu Patisserie - Minneapolis
we got a couple of the pristine glossy fruity things (delicious)
and a classic plain croissant that was slightly tangy and buttery, Jules suspected cultured butter was at work and my mind was heavily influenced

Carma Coffee - Minneapolis
no fuss ham n cheese roll that was just what i needed post hike

Bloom's End - pop up
how does this one woman operation manage to offer so many goodies across the entire sweet and savory spectrum every weekend?
idk, but this crumbly squash thing and the urfa snail with greens are my inspirations

somewhere in - Berkeley
one of the first places i went to when i first moved here buried deep in the memory troves

Neighbor Bakehouse - SF
this blackberry pistachio croissant lives on in my memories and i'll probably die with it in my memories

Madison
i don't remember what brought me here one random evening, i think it was a chocolate shop... or by the chocolate shop? first experience pronouncing and eating a kouign amann in Madison set me up well for my move out to California

Craftsman and Wolves - SF
haven't been back since my first year in the Bay when i dared to venture over the bridge on my own to explore different neighborhoods and the bakeries within them - also when i first saw bright green matcha milk jam and was temporarily into milk jams

Home - Oakland
one of my better attempts at home lamination aka one of the few times i had patience and was careful about temperature control aka when i was whittling away time during lockdown
salmon and broccoli doubanjiang croissants

No comments:

Post a Comment