Tuesday, December 29, 2020

meals' table: when can we travel again

I can never keep track of which sauce hails from which mid atlantic/southern state. Apparently only South Carolina has all the bbq sauce traditions- mustard, ketchup, vinegar. Which is fine because I like them all... not equally.. but I wouldn't turn any of them down.
What's Tennessee's BBQ sauce classified under? This yellow-lit tray from Martin's BBQ has ribs and brisket for one.
Plus mac n cheese with a toasty top and broccoli salad to pretend like I care about health.


Reminiscing about this girl trip that came together effortlessly. Not bachelorettes but we ended up in Nashville.
At one point, we popped out of the bar we were at, into the pouring rain, and staggered into Jack's next door. We were served our Tennessee pork shoulder sammiches with a side of green beans for Amelia (because something about mushy green beans just really called to me) on styrofoam plates, and we carried them upstairs to the first open table we could find. I can't fathom being in a place as crowded anymore. I remember this was a great sammich though, much needed after filling up on beer and shouting at each other over live music. We almost went back another night, but I think we had strayed too far and needed to find another restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment