Tuesday, August 6, 2024

bye july hello august

I'm sweating in the dark but I just wanted to commemorate the unusually productive kitchen evening I had to round out the end of the month. Time flies when your only plans are for yourself.

Step one: feed self.
 
Happy that I prepped one of two focaccia (corn, garlic, sesame, pork floss) slabs the night before because that just meant I had 3 big slices for lunch and one more big slice for dinner. Dinner gets a quick fried egg with perilla and Chinese sausage.

Step two: prep the second foccacia.
With learnings from the first that was not a failure per se, but could've been better. Also I did forget the cheese on the first one, so we will immediately correct for that here.
Mole paste, lightly fried in oil before topping. Corn. Shredded string cheese.


Step three: meal prep for tomorrow.
Also an easy step thanks to the now finished focaccia. A quick celery salad with the remains of my celery, a quarter onion, half a bunch of parsley leaves, salt, paprika, maple sugar, honey meyer lemon vinegar - something refreshing and acidic to counter the oily focaccia.

Step four: drink prep.
It only took one night for my ginger bug to come alive, so to capitalize on that, I dosed some into leftover raspberry juice to start a wild fermented raspberry soda.


Bonus step: roast a bag of freeze thawed strawberries for future strawberry sumac coffee cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment