Tuesday, August 2, 2022

sexfest on the rhine

The most lovely 10-ish hours were had outside of Frankfurt when I learned what a wine stand is.
This^ is a wine stand. Right at the bottom of an expansive winery on a hill side. I literally cannot think of a better way to spend every one of my summer evenings.


We went straight from a couple bottles at the wine stand to get more bottles at the sparkling wine fest - sektfest! - right on the river.
Where the German haus-es are just too cute and the air smelled like brats and yeast.
 There sky was lightly overcast but the air was warm, and the river did not smell like poop.
*sighs romantically*
The grape is riesling, and apparently not all rieslings are sweet. But I am not wine expert here.
I was more delighted by all the cheese I consumed between sips.

Spundekas!


Smokey tangy kasespatzle!

Flammkuchen!

Teepee of roasted salmon that I didn't actually try but it smelled amazing!

Garrett's favorite currywurst!

This sparkling strawberry bevvy!

Donka being cute and matching our drinks!

Dampfnudel!
Dessert bread dumpling with vanilla sauce, cherries, and lots of poppy seeds - note to self to add this to my dumpling repertoire.

The most lovely sunset to end the most lovely evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment